Whether you're a new horse owner or have several years of experience riding, showing or caring for horses, there is always more to learn about these complex and fascinating animals. LoveToKnow Horses can answer many of the questions you may have about all aspects of equine health so you can be confident about purchasing the best products for your horse, identifying when your horse is sick or injured or just be more knowledgeable when speaking to your trainer, veterinarian or farrier.
Healthy Horse Care
It's always important to prevent a health problem when possible. Learn about normal horse anatomy and care as well as practical solutions to common health problems.
- Find out about hoof anatomy and why proper care for the feet is essential to keeping your horse sound and pain-free.
- Discover how a slow horse feeding system can simulate grazing behavior to reduce stress and improve gut health for your horse.
- If you've ever thought about breeding horses, read about it here first. Learn how to prepare for horse breeding and what you will need to know through all stages of the process.
Medications and Supplements
The horse industry is full of so many supplements and remedies that it's hard to sort them out. Your veterinarian may also suggest prescription medications or dewormers for your horse.
- Learn about the different types of horse medicines and what they are used for as well as how they are given and possible side effects.
- Find out which horse joint supplements are available, where to get them, and if you should use one for your horse.
Illness and Injury
When your horse is sick or injured, it is hard to know where to turn for advice. If you need to find out more about a medical condition affecting your horse, you can read the information here.
Keep Your Horse Well
Of course, you want to keep your horse as happy and healthy as possible. However, when your horse is sick or injured, LoveToKnow Horses can help keep you up to date with the latest information enabling you to make the best decisions about your horse's care and help him recover as quickly as possible.