Article Highlight: How to Bet on Horse Racing 101: A Beginner’s Guide
Horses have been domesticated for a long time, but the number of horse sports and hobbies available to enjoy continues to grow. LoveToKnow Horse Activities can guide you through several of the common events, games, and other types of fun out there for you and your horse.
Riding and Racing
Many people have heard of common types of horseback riding, such as horse racing and Western pleasure. Learn all about how to ride as well as the ins and outs of racing.
- Discover how to get children riding horses in a safe and fun way. Many kids love interacting with animals, and horse activities will teach them about these animals while they get exercise and outdoor recreation.
- Learn about the different types of horse racing, including the history of each event, rules, equipment, and common breeds in each.
- Even if you don't have a horse, you can learn the basics of horse betting, from the common terms all the way to detailed steps for placing a bet.
- Find out how far a rider and horse team travel in horse endurance riding. This athletic competition requires the winner to complete the entire distance while staying healthy.
- Explore scenic and adventure-filled places to go camping with your horse. Many equine campsites have full-service amenities, equine trails, and even beach access.
Unique Horse Sports
Games with horses are as varied as human sports. If you're curious or are looking for an unusual hobby to enjoy with your horse, LoveToKnow Horse Activities has information on some less common types of horse recreation.
- Horseball features two rider-horse teams of four that compete to throw a ball into a goal. This intriguing game is based on the Argentine sport of juego del pato, also known as pato.
- Learn if you have what it takes to start practicing horse vaulting. This activity combines acrobatics with horseback riding in an exciting and artistic show.
- Another equine team sport is Combined Driving, which features a horse-pulled carriage that holds the driver. This activity is a test of both the horse's and rider's endurance and athletic ability.
Exercise for Everyone
Get outdoors and interact with your horse in a new and exciting way. Regardless of the specific event you choose, you're certain to enjoy yourself with these magnificent creatures. And if you don't have a horse, you can still enjoy these horse activities from afar or the comfort of your own home.